Christmas is back, bigger and better at The Piece Hall
The Piece Hall is bringing the festive cheer back to Halifax this winter with an exciting programme of events to make sure there is something for everyone this Christmas.
During November and December, more than 40 events will take place at the Grade I-listed cultural venue including star-studded music performances; a winter makers market; a special Father Christmas experience; and cinema sessions featuring Christmas favourites and sing-along classics.
Setting the scene for a magical season, the venue’s 66,000 sq ft courtyard will be transformed into a winter wonderland, complete with a spectacular 30 ft Christmas tree and traditional carousel.
A host of big-name performances are scheduled for the giant circus style ‘Spiegeltent’ which is returning to the courtyard. These include Ibiza legend Ellie Sax who is back at The Piece Hall after two sell-out summer shows. Also, following New Order’s highly acclaimed live gig this September, legendary drummer Stephen Morris and DJ Dave Haslam will be talking life, music, inspiration and best-selling books, before playing some of their favourite tunes.
Meanwhile, the Winter Makers Markets will capture the essence of The Piece Hall’s independent trading heritage, bringing in some of the region’s favourite independent craft stalls, artisan makers and pop-up food and drink stalls for two weekends of traditional winter fun.
Children can also enjoy a magical journey of storytelling and imagination in a specially-created Christmas experience which leads them through an enchanting interactive tour of The Piece Hall, culminating with an opportunity to meet Father Christmas himself.
Taking place from 19 November 2021 to 31 December 2021, some of the key dates in the festive diary include:
- Legendary New Order drummer Stephen Morris in conversation with DJ and author Dave Haslam – 9 Dec
- Ibiza legend, Ellie Sax – 30 Dec
- Father Christmas comes to The Piece Hall – 4; 5; 11; 12; 18; 19; 20; 21; 22; 23; 24 December
- Winter Makers’ Market – 19-21 November; 26-28 November
- Award-winning Abba tribute band, Abba Revival – 29 Dec
- International jive and swing band, King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys – 12 Dec
- Sheffield ukulele parody band, Everly Pregnant Brothers – 15 Dec
- 1940’s and 1950’s dance music artists, Jump, Jive and Wail – 11 Dec
- Premier Yorkshire brass band, Elland Silver Band – 19 Dec
Watch out for the announcement of more shows and big name artists in the coming weeks.
Tickets for the events announced to date will go on sale on at 10am Friday 22 October 2021. Members of The Piece Hall will receive access to priority booking with an exclusive presale taking place from 10am on Thursday 21 October 2021. For more information on becoming a member, click here.
The Piece Hall wants everyone to enjoy Christmas safely and will continue to ask all ticket holders aged 11 years and over to show their COVID status upon entry.