Terms & Conditions
The Piece Hall Trust
Conditions of Entry: General Conditions
- We don’t allow, at any time, alcohol bought from outside The Piece Hall to be consumed inside The Piece Hall. No glass – bottles or other containers – are allowed in and around the courtyard area. (When we’re presenting events/gigs/concerts, we also don’t want food bought outside The Piece Hall, being brought into the premises). There’s no smoking or vaping in and around the courtyard or any of our shops, restaurants and bars.
- Other items which are or may be illegal including, without limitation, weapons, fireworks, drugs and other controlled substances are strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid bringing rucksacks, suitcases or other large bags with you, or your own seating, picnic rugs, candelabras. It just gets messy, as well as the obvious security and hazard risks. For events, bags must be no larger than an A4 size.
- Skateboards, segways, bikes, scooters and drones are not permitted. Mobility scooters and toddlers bikes are welcome. Bicycle parking is available outside the North Gate entrance.
- Look after your personal possessions while you’re visiting us. If you lose them, we can’t be replacing them for you! While we’re mentioning personal possessions, please keep your children with you, at all times.
- We may search you, your clothing, bags or other items at any time at our sole discretion. If you don’t agree to this, you may be refused entry or required to leave the premises.
- From time to time, if our visitor numbers are rising, especially over the weekend, we will start to control entry, which may include some or all our entry gates being closed for a period of time.
- Young people aged 14 or under must be accompanied by an adult. This is designed to protect those young people. There is some discretion on this policy, if, for example, young people are meeting an adult(s) in the courtyard.
- Here’s the important legal bit: The Piece Hall reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse admission or eject any person from the site if it considers their behaviour or conduct is likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or distress to others.
- If you have COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate or exhibit any of the signs of COVID-19 you must not visit The Piece Hall until you have tested negative.
Conditions of Sale: General Conditions
General Conditions of Sale:
- Where applicable, please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by The Piece Hall at its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.
- We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, except in the case of a materially altered or cancelled event. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Tickets must not be resold or transferred. Tickets cannot be advertised for transfer or sale. If you are no longer able to attend, you are welcome to pass them on to family or friends.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check all tickets at the time of purchase. The confirmation email acts as your ticket.
- All ticket prices quoted are for tickets purchased in advance of the event. The management or promoter reserves the right to change the price at any time.
- In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a transaction fee per event. Those fees are not refundable. When a show is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances beyond our control, a face value refund is issued. This is minus the booking transaction fee.
- Any complaints about a ticket holder’s ability to view or enjoy the event shall be made to the Management/promoter promptly prior to or during the event
- In order to ensure The Piece Hall is a safe environment, we may search you, your clothing, bags or other items at any time at our sole discretion. Refusal or failure to co-operate in any search may result in your being refused entry or being ejected from the venue.
- Bottles, cans, glass and alcohol are prohibited from being brought into the venue.
- The unauthorised use of cameras, mobile phones, video or other form or recording equipment is strictly prohibited
- Items which are or may be illegal including, without limitation, weapons, fireworks, drugs and other controlled substances are strictly prohibited. On occasions we will deploy the use of specially trained search (‘sniffer’) dogs.
- The Piece Hall reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse admission or eject any person from the site if it considers their behaviour or conduct is likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or distress to others. If admission is refused no monies shall be refunded.
- Please avoid bringing a bag if possible, if you must it should be no larger than an A4 handbag or A4 canvas tote bag. Please do not bring rucksacks, suitcases or other large bags. There are no cloakroom facilities at The Piece Hall.
- It is your responsibility to keep your personal possessions safe at all times whilst at The Piece Hall. Neither the management or promoter can accept responsibility for personal property brought into the venue unless caused by the negligence of the promoter or venue management.
- The management or promoter reserves the right to amend or make alterations to the published details of the event as shall become necessary.
- All attendees entering the venue consent to being filmed or recorded by or on behalf of The Piece Hall, or another authorised third party. All rights in the Recording shall be owned by The Piece Hall, or authorised third party.
Become a Club 1779 member
- Members need an email address to be notified of our full range of benefits. In certain circumstances we may be able to communicate via other methods at additional cost.
- All member opportunities are subject to availability and may have restricted capacities. Being a member is not a guarantee of tickets or access to any event.
- All member offers are at the discretion of The Piece Hall Trust and specific promotions may include individual Terms & Conditions.
- Where priority booking is offered, this may apply to free or paid for events.
- Your membership will be active as soon as you receive your confirmation email. Membership cards are available to collect from the Visitor Centre.
- Your confirmation email also acts as your membership card. We recommend you carry your membership card or a copy of your confirmation email with you when visiting The Piece Hall, as it may need to be shown to redeem an offer.
- Memberships cannot be exchanged, returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights.