Roller Rink Rules
- Users and/or parents/guardians should read all information herein before entering rink.
- While every effort is made to ensure a safe experience at all our sessions, participants must be aware that roller skating is a potentially hazardous activity and unpreventable accidents can happen. The Hirer/Tilt Events Ltd accept no responsibility for any accidents, injuries, loss or damage howsoever caused to yourself or a third party that may occur whilst taking part in any skating session or event, which include venue structures, obstacles or the actions of other skaters.
- Participants are advised to wear protective equipment to minimize injury from a fall or collision; put protective equipment on before skates. These are available from the skate hire desk.
- If you have never skated before and are unsure, please ask for advice from one of our qualified instructors before attempting to skate.
- We strongly advise that you do not drink alcohol before skating as it greatly affects your balance. Anybody who arrives in an intoxicated state will not be allowed to skate.
- We highly recommend that you do not take part in any skating activity if you suffer from brittle bones, high blood pressure, heart problems, joint injuries, back or neck problems, ankle or knee weakness, or any other condition that could be aggravated by this activity. Consult your doctor if you are unsure.
- If you are, or suspect you are pregnant you should not take part in this activity. Consult your doctor if you are unsure.
On-Rink Code of Conduct
We wish everyone a safe and enjoyable skating experience. In the interest of safety, sportsmanship and consideration of all guests (particularly children) and staff, we would appreciate all parties observe and respect the rules and regulations whilst on our premises.
- No disorderly conduct.
- No smoking/vaping.
- No bad language.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs WILL NOT be allowed on the skating rink.
- Any In-Line and Quad Skates brought by users of their own must be clean and in good repair. There should be no missing wheels or sharp edges. The operator reserves the right to inspect personal Skates before entry to the rink is allowed.
- Fast, reckless behaviour, or skating in an unsafe manner that may jeopardise the safety of others is not permitted.
- No sitting on rink railings.
- In the interest of foot safety and hygiene, every person renting skates must wear socks.
- When your skate session is over, please tuck laces inside the Hire Skates and return them to Skate Hire.
- Please DO NOT leave personal items around the rink edge. The operators are not responsible or liable for any item(s) deemed lost or stolen.
- Please report all accidents to management or a member of staff.
- In the interest of safety and good conduct, patrons are requested to follow all posted signage and verbal rules and instructions given by rink staff. Refusal to respond to rink staff will result in removal from the rink by security.
- Parents will be held fully responsible for the conduct and actions of their children.
- The operator reserves the right to refuse entrance to anyone for any reason.
- All skaters must skate in the same direction.
- Keep moving on the rink.
- No sitting or lying on the skate floor.
- No pushing or playing your own group games.
- No food, drink or chewing gum on the rink at any time.
- Tell a member of staff if you see any spillages on the floor.
- Wear the protective equipment provided.
- Skate to your own ability – ask for help if needed.
- Alert staff of any first aid emergencies.
- Abide by announcements and marshalls’ instructions.
- Be considerate and support new skaters.
- Skates only on the rink – no shoes (with the exception of parents supporting young children).
- Socks must be worn with hire skates.